When travelling by air, there are restrictions on the weight and number of pieces of both checked and hand luggage. Restrictions are set and may vary according to the country of departure.
Singapore Airlines baggage allowance 2023 (Singapore Airlines baggage rules 2023)
The sum of the length, width, and height of a piece of checked baggage may not be greater than 158 cm (62.2 inches).
Singapore Airlines checked baggage (Singapore Airlines checked baggage size dimensions)
The baggage allowance for checked baggage is based on the principle of weight or pieces of luggage, depending on your final destination. The free baggage allowance is indicated on the ticket.
The weight of each checked baggage must not exceed 32 kg. If exceeded, you will need to repack your luggage. If you need to transport baggage weighing more than 32 kg, we recommend that you contact a Singapore Airlines representative.
Limit on luggage sizes (Singapore Airlines baggage size):
The dimensions of checked baggage at Changi Airport must not exceed 200 cm (length) x 75 cm (width) x 80 cm (height).
It is not advisable to check in valuable or fragile items:
- valuable papers/security documents/contracts;
- silver/precious metals
- money/jewellery/other valuable objects;
- business papers/travel documents
- identity papers
- perishable goods.
Singapore Airlines cabin baggage (Singapore Airlines hand luggage size dimensions)
Depending on your class of service, you may carry up to two pieces of hand baggage in the cabin. You will need to place your luggage in the overhead compartment or under the seat in front.
If your hand baggage exceeds the restrictions, it will be moved to the cargo hold. If the weight of the baggage exceeds the free baggage allowance, additional baggage fees will apply.
Additional items permitted on board:
In addition to your hand baggage allowance, you may take ONE of the following items free of charge:
- Lady’s handbag*
- Camcorder or camera/video bag*
- document folder*
- Laptop/notebook computer in a bag*
- Baby food and food for the duration of the flight. The total weight of these items must not exceed 6 kg
- Cane, crutches and/or other prosthetic devices if the passenger needs them.
- Small quantities of duty-free baggage from a duty-free shop (if permitted)
* Maximum dimensions are 40 × 30 × 10 cm each. If the total dimensions of the three dimensions exceed 80 cm, then this is considered part of the standard hand luggage allowance.
Singapore Airlines baggage customers care phone number (Singapore Airlines lost baggage contact number)
If you need to contact a helpline, please call (Singapore Airlines contact number 24 hours):
- +65 6223 8888 (Singapore Airlines 24 hours contact number)
- 1800 452 308 (Singapore Airlines Australia contact number),
- +973 1721 3054 (Singapore Airlines Bahrain contact number),
- + 0800 777-4227 (Singapore Airlines Brazil contact number),
- +1 (604) 303-3758 (Singapore Airlines Canada contact number),
- +86-21-68339150/9151 (Singapore Airlines China contact number)
- +971 800 0650 1645 (Singapore Airlines Saudi Arabia contact number).
- +91 22 5016 6046 (Singapore Airlines India contact number).
- +27 21 936 3360 (Singapore Airlines South Africa contact number)
- +965 22072043 (Singapore Airlines Kuwait contact number)
- +60 3 2789 8798 (Singapore Airlines Malaysia contact number)
- +968 248 63226 (Singapore Airlines Oman contact number)
- +1 (833) 727-0118 (Singapore Airlines USA contact number)
- +64 9 256 8359(Singapore Airlines New Zealand contact number)
Singapore Airlines track my baggage (Singapore Airlines lost baggage tracking)
Any passenger can track their luggage via a dedicated service on the airline’s website. You will need to enter your baggage tag number (assigned at check-in) or reservation number (six-digit alphanumeric code) and your last name.
Singapore Airlines excess baggage rates (Singapore Airlines extra baggage price)
If your free baggage allowance is exceeded, additional fees will be charged by the company. To find out more about these fees, click on the button below